God of War Mist Echoes Farming Guide (15,000 – 20,000 Mist Echoes per run):
First, in order to unlock Niflheim you must find 4 Niflheim Language Ciphers in Purple Chests. See the link below.
HOW TO UNLOCK NIFLHEIM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whFVDVa01zs
In Niflheim do Sindri's Quest to open up the Workshop's Center Chamber. In here you find realm tears and chests that cost Mist Echoes to be opened - a currency unique to this map. Mist Echoes are obtained from the Mist Labyrinth. You need 68,500 to open everything in the center chamber.
Even though it seems grindy at first sight, it really is not. It only took me 4 full runs of the labyrinth (around 60 minutes total) to get 70,000 echoes. The general rule of thumb: the more chests you open per run, the more the next chest will give. At first it might only be 200 or so per chest, later it will be 1500+ per chest if you clear the entire labyrinth in one run. So the key to farming is really just to stay alive, pick up all materials dropped by enemies, and open all chests along the way.
With the following strategy I got 15,000 – 20,000 Mist Echoes per run. Around 9000 from opening chests and around 5000-8000 from selling materials that the enemies dropped.
1) At the start of the mist is always a Nornir Chest. Remember the 3 symbols on it, if they are weird letters exit the mist and re-enter to get a new combination that’s easier to remember. As you make your way through the labyrinth there are 3 signposts up high in the corner sections on either edge of the labyrinth. Those have the rune symbols of the Nornir Chest. You must throw the axe to spin the signposts until they show one of the 3 symbols. The signposts are always in the same corner quadrants. At the end, if you put all 3 Nornir Runes in position correctly, you can open the chest at the start of the Labyrinth.
2) Open all chests in the labyrinth, go to every possible section.
3) There’s always a second Nornir Chest placed randomly somewhere in the labyrinth. When you stand straight in front of it you can always see the 3 rune symbols you need to hit with the axe (they are always visible from the section where the Nornir Chest is).
4) Enemies can be killed super fast with Runic Attacks. Use anything that does a lot of damage and some Area of Effect attacks (Sindri’s Armor Set is best because it greatly reduces cooldown times).
5) Obviously, make it out alive before time runs out. If you die you lose everything from that run.
6) After you’re out, sell the materials that the enemies dropped to Sindri (Shop -- Sell -- Resources). Per run I usually found 1-2 materials that give 2,500 echoes each, and 2-4 that give 1,000 each.
God of War Trophy Guide & Roadmap: http://www.powerpyx.com/god-of-war-2018-trophy-guide-roadmap/